"Drivin' Around."

Hello World!

    The excitement has been 'rolling' for me around here of late.
Mainly because I got my Driving Permit!
 

 
Waiting at the DOL office.



Though I don't have any pictures of me driving (yet) I have started!


My Papa is teaching me on his stick-shift Toyota truck.

Its hard and yet rather simple at the same time.

Mostly one just needs to have their wits about them

It feels so crazy to me that I am driving. To be sitting in the driver's seat with my Dad sitting in the passenger is just weird! Even though every driving lesson has been fun, there is so much to learn and remember too. 

It's funny. I have been feeling like a baby in such a big world of late. New responsibilities make me hold onto as much as I can that allows me to be a little kid.

I have always been able to relate to J.M. Barrie's Peter Pan, when he said "Growing up is an awfully big adventure."

It is so true. I am so thrilled by this new section in my life, and yet quite ... melancholy almost. Knowing that I can't go back in time, and that life is so short, makes me want to savor as much as every moment as I can. Knowing that I am becoming a responsible adult is so terrifying as I don't feel any different and definitely not ready for it. Yet time marches on and me with it. I had the chance to sleep out under the stars before school started, and I am so happy that I did! It was so humbling to look up into a huge brilliantly lit up sky, and be dazzled by the beautiful creation that God has made. It made me remember the verse from Matthew 6:26 that says "Look at the birds of the air; they do now sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? " To know that God is always there watching and taking care of me, is so wondrously comforting in more ways than one. Especially when I feel like I am so young for the many responsibilities that life holds. Knowing that God ( and my parents) are ready though is such a weight off of me. It makes me feel excited for the adventure. :) 




































































































































































































































Comments

  1. Wow, learning on a stick-shift...this way ANY other car you ever drive will be easy, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! ;) I have a feeling it'll be a while till I feel like *that* though. xD

      Delete

Post a Comment