Sunflowers

Hello World!

For a long time I have seen pictures of this dress, by the company Shabby Apple, floating around in my Pinterest feed.
I honestly to goodnessly to seriously adore it!
But...It's a little bit out of my price range.

I recently came into the ownership of an old Mennonite dress.
It looked similar to this one.

At first I thought I'd try my hand at just hemming the Mennonite dress and voila it's a Shabby Apple makeover!
But once I started chopping, I started cutting, and once I started cutting, I started basting, and once I started basting, I started sewing, and then I came across this picture on Pinterest.
The bow back stole my heart!

I finally emerged from my scraps of fabric, thread stuck to my clothes, pins, and scissor wielding project, and this is what I created.  
I even gave myself pockets!
Because dresses with pockets equal pure bliss.

The back's bow is more subtle than planned but I'm still proud of myself for giving it a try, especially since I had no pattern that I worked off of for this dress.




Happy Fri-Yay, everyone!
What are your fun plans for the day? Are you a Shabby-Apple fan? 





Comments

  1. The dress you made looks so pretty! I love the pattern!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love it!!

    My plans are to get my wedding venue decorated and the rehearsal done, because I'm getting married tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GAAAAAHHHHHHHH, THAT'S SOOOO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ALLLLL ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

      Delete
  3. YOU MADE THIS?!?!?!? WITHOUT A PATTERN??? I'm soo jealous of your talent, I would buy this in a store!! 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAI:HGUU"HE< YOU ARE THE SWEETEST EVER!!!!!!!!! <3

      Delete
  4. I love shabby apple , I hear ya about $$$$ it's so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!?!? It's my dream to have them sponsor me! ;)

      Delete
  5. Can you make me that dress!!! I love it! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AIFHA[FGAW, EMMA YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY, YOU ARE SO SWEET!!!!! <3

      Delete
  6. This is the first post of yours that i've seen, however, although the fashion is fabulous, your hair is beautiful! if you don't do this, you should consider doing hair tutorials for people like me, who know nothing about hair!

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Steph!!! You are so sweet! I'll have to keep hair tutorials in mind. ;) I also found your blog, and have given you a follow back and am excited to start digging into and reading more of it! <3

      Delete
  7. Aww this is such a cute outfit! I wish I could sew and make my own clothes...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment