Curried Cauliflower

Hello World!
As you know from last week,
I'm going to start blogging about recipes from the AIP (AutoImmunePaleo) Cookbooks
by Micky Trescott and Sarah Ballantyne.
I thought I'd start blogging about Micky Trescott's cookbook first. 
(Mainly because I have only tried recipes thus far from that one...)
I'm trying the recipes out in no specific order, which or way.
More like whatever sounded good I have made and if it turned out I have pictures about it. 

"Curried" Cauliflower.

I actually can't eat Curry while on this diet plan thus this recipe calls for Ginger, Turmeric, Salt, and Coconut Aminos to make up for the lack of curry flavor.
This recipe is THE BOMB! 
As a family, we have enjoyed it as a side dish to many meals.
The only thing I have changed is the measurements.
When I first made the recipe it tasted great but it didn't feel like there was a real "flavor" to it.
A simple doubling of the spices totally helped! 

1 head of cauliflower
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
1/2-1 tsp. salt
1/2-1 tsp. turmeric
1/4-1/2 tsp. ginger
1 Tbsp. Coconut Aminos

Cut the cauliflower into small bite size chunks. Place in saucepan along with oil, salt, turmeric, and ginger. Sauté for 10 minutes. Add in Coconut Aminos sautéing another minute.

Enjoy!

Comments

Post a Comment